This October, take advantage of all the fashion events going on in New York. From lectures, to emerging designer pop-ups and fashion tours, you’ll feel inspired, educated and may even walk away with some new fall goods.
Here are a few keys ones:
1. Visit the PopShops truck, a new traveling retail outlet that allows you to see pieces from New York emerging designers and then place orders. online. Starting this Friday, October, 4-6, their route includes the Flat Iron, Nolita and Meat Packing District so be sure to follow them on Twitter to get their exact location.
2. Learn the history of the Garment Center by taking a free tour of the neighborhood. Mike Kaback, a licensed tour guide has been in the business since 1965 and will give you a big button full of interesting facts that will leave you with a greater appreciation for the district.
3. Check out the latest installment of the NYC Design Collective Pop-Up featuring Delphine Leymarie fine jewelry, Bhava shoes, Kordal Knitwear, By Natalie Frigo, Study NY and Tabii Just at 75 E. 4th Street between Bowery and 2nd Ave, from 12pm-7pm on Sunday, October 6.
4. On October 8, head to the 92Y to hear Fern Mallis interview Andre Leon Talley for a night of good storytelling from this marvelous fashion icon.
5. Explore the Museum at FIT to see their latest exhibition, A Queer History of Fashion: From the Closet to the Catwalk and take advantage of their lectures and tours.
Check out all of the events on our fashion calendar and feel free to submit yours.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.