It goes without saying that your brand needs a Facebook page. For those starting out, a page may me a main source of traffic versus a website. Plus, with the sheer amount of users on the social networking site combined with targeted advertising opportunities, and the company’s latest announcement of their Graph Search tool, there are multiple ways fans can be connected, find and engage with your brand. If you are active on Facebook, it may also be a top referral site for your website, which is even more reason to pay attention to your Facebook strategy.
1. Write a succinct about section: This section should include a link to your website, phone number, address and key words that describe your business. State Bike Company is an example of a successful business page that has done this well.
- Cover photo: 851 X 315 px
- App images: 111 x 74
- Small posts: 404 x 403
- Highlighted posts: 843 x 403
Photos can be resized with Photoshop or even online editors such as Pic Resize.
4. Post news and engaging content.
Facebook’s marketing section say that brands that have posts between 100 to 250 characters receive about 60% more likes and shares. Posts that are visual have a higher level of engagement so posting pictures versus links is important. Your original content will be key and delivering it so it in a way that engages fans will most likely increase your likes. You can do this by asking a question or even by having them fill in the blank.
Search engine optimization is important to keep in my on Facebook and can be done easily.
- The first 18 words of your post are considered SEO for your page so make sure key words are included
- Include links to your website and other pages in your about and description sections
- Search engines also take into account your brand name and vanity url so try to be succinct and make sure your fan page is either an the name of your brand or something close to it if the name is taken
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.