1. Attend the first Fashion Icon’s conversation of the new year with Fern Mallis and Issac Mizrahi at the 92Y on February 4.
2. Visit the DG Expo, the trade show made for emerging designers to source fabrics and trims. (February 4th -5th)
4. Stop by the Market 605 pop-up shop and check out a collective of designers including: Dirty Librarian Chains, Feral Childe, Gamma Folk, Imago-a, Maison Capron, Kordal, by / natalie frigo, Nettie Kent and Study NY selling jewelry, accessories and gifts. (now until February 18)
5. Don’t forget to see the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum before it leaves this month. (now through February 23)
6. Explore Folk Couture: Fashion and Folk Art at the Museum of Folk Art and see artwork created by emerging and established designers including Creatures of the Wind, Gary Graham, Catherine Malandrino and Bibhu Mohapatra. (now through April 23)
7. See the Black Dress: Ten Contemporary Fashion Designers exhibition that highlights the work of contemporary black designers at the Pratt Museum in Manhattan. (February 7 to April 26)
8. Network at The Emerging Designer Meetup and learn more about Designer Entrepreneurs NYC, a free mini-MBA program brought to you by FIT and the NYCEDC on February 26.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.