October is already here which means that the holidays are right around the corner. Leverage the season by taking advantage of all the opportunities to get your designs in the marketplace. Pop-up shops, trunk shows and markets are just a few outlets to consider.
Gift guides are key as they put curated items front and center making holiday shopping easy. This season, Entreprneur.com is giving business owners the chance to showcase their work and is looking for one-of-a-kind products from emerging designers and independent companies for their Indie Merchant Holiday Gift Guide.
Applicants must submit one product and in 250 words or less, tell why their item is the prefect gift this holiday season. Specifically: the story behind it, why and for whom it was created for and its unique point-of-differnce. Categories include: apparel, jewelry, eco-friendly items, childrenswear and other lifestyle products.
On November 26, editors will announce their top selections in each product category. Those chosen will be featured on Entrepreneur.com, receive a badge that can be displayed on their homepage and most likely, a nice boost of traffic to their site!
Here are the details:
- Who: Any U.S. company that has less than 500 employees and is not owned by a larger corporation
- What: One item that retails for $50 or less
- Deadline: The application must be submitted by November 1, 2012 at 6pm EST
Enter the Indie Merchant Holiday Gift Guide open call at Entrepreneur.com.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
You may also like:
- Open Call: Zappos is Looking For Emerging Designers
- MAGIC Seminar Recap: Bridging the Gap Between the Online and Offline Retailer
- Inside The Chicago Fashion Incubator at Macy’s on State Street