You're invited to the Fashion Law Institute's annual ethics event, Dead to Rights: Ethical Perspectives on Cultural Appropriation, Postmortem Rights of Publicity, and the Ghost of Harvey Weinstein. Two conversations will [...]
You’re invited to the Fashion Law Institute’s annual ethics event, Dead to Rights: Ethical Perspectives on Cultural Appropriation, Postmortem Rights of Publicity, and the Ghost of Harvey Weinstein.
Two conversations will discuss intellectual property and sexual harassment law:
- When does a costume constitute cultural misappropriation?
- How can we keep fear of cultural appropriation from curtailing cultural exchange in fashion?
- Should fashion houses be haunted by ghosts of celebrities past in states without postmortem publicity rights?
- Do settlement agreements in sexual harassment cases bury victims in unethical silence?
- What does Harvey Weinstein’s ghastly employment contract say about the spirit of corporate law?
- Should business parters be scared off by allegations of sexual harassment?
- What can we do to make the fashion industry a less frightening place?
DATE: Thursday, October 26, 2017
TIME: 6:00-7:50pm (reception 5:30pm)
PLACE: Fordham Law School, 150 W. 62nd Street, 2nd floor
NYS CLE: 2.0 hours ethics
Register now at the Fashion Law Institute.
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 7:50 pm
You are invited to join us at the annual BF+DA Positive Impact Awards on [...]
You are invited to join us at the annual BF+DA Positive Impact Awards on November 9th from 7pm to 10pm.
Learn more about the award ceremony.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
630 Flushing Avenue, Suite 704, Brookly, NY 11206
Send your sample sales, trunk shows, conferences and fashion events to email@example.com.