Fauxgerty is seeking an experienced freelance Production Manager based in Los Angeles. The Production Manager will oversee all aspects of the sampling, development, and production process as Fauxgerty’s local representation.
This includes managing the schedule, recommending and building relationships with factories, scheduling regular site visits, working with the Operations Officer and Designer to order needed materials, sourcing eco-friendly fabrics options for upcoming collections, and updating the Saint Louis team.
The right individual has 2+ years of experience in production management with other contemporary brands. It is also valued if this person has experience with eco-friendly factories and fabric suppliers.
This individual is a go-getter who takes initiative, aims to grow with the company, emits positive energy and a we-can-do-it attitude, thrives in a fast-paced environment and can achieve results working independently. The right person is a diligent proactive communicator with attention to detail and ability to foresee road blocks and solve problems before they happen.
The Production Manager will contribute to a weekly production meeting via Skype and send daily production updates in high season, give weekly status updates via email and an updated spreadsheet.
A member of the Fauxgerty executive team will be in town bi-monthly.
- Oversee production schedule and deliveries
- Set production timeline to increase efficiency
- Ensure samples and final shipments are sent on time
- Schedule fabric and trim deliveries
- Pack and ship samples to Saint Louis
- Schedule fit model and sample fittings
- Quality check each garment before sending to STL
Be a source for new factories and fabrics
- Suggest eco-friendly LA-based factories for production and/or maintain existing Fauxgerty relationships
- Source fabric options for upcoming collections following our brand standards
- Research innovative printing, fabric,and processes
- This is a part-time freelance position with an influx of hours during production execution.
- The Production Manager is required to put in approximately 15 hours per week, with off-season weeks being lighter and high season weeks being heavier.
- This is a contracted, project-based role.
- Scheduling may vary, as driven by production calendar and sales growth.
- Competitive compensation
- Internal growth opportunities
- Benefits are not provided at this time, but may be available in the future
Learn more at Fauxgerty and contact email@example.com to apply.
Interested in listing a job or internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.