FIT plans to discuss the future of fashion manufacturing at their first CitySource Symposium on June 14. The afternoon event called Transformative Technologies for Apparel Design and Production will dive into the resources and companies that will allow manufacturers to produce with efficiency. Topics such as 3D design, digitization and automation will all be covered along with how New York City is helping garment workers and local resources thrive.
Panel 1: Transformative Technologies Changing the Fashion Industry
Learn about 3D design, sewing automation, digitization and production automation technologies that will enable production efficiencies.
- Gerber Technology – Samuel F. Simpson, Vice President – Global Strategic Accounts
- Lectra – Carlos Jimenez, Professional Services Manager, Fashion & Apparel
- Optitex – Yoram Burg – Regional Sales Director, US & Canada
- SoftWear Automation – Peter Santora, Vice President
Panel 2: How New York City is Supporting Local Garment Manufacturers
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) just announced a $51.3 million dollar support package for local garment manufacturers that includes modernization and investment in technology and training to strengthen local production.
- New York City Economic Development Corporation
- Council of Fashion Designers of America – Violeta Stolpin; PM Fashion Manufacturing Initiative; Cal MacNeil, Senior Associate of Strategic Partnerships
- The Workforce Development Institute – Lisa Futterman, Regional Director, NYC
- ITAC – Alinda Franks, Community Affairs Director, Partnerships and Business Development
- NYC Business Solutions – Adrian Shanks, Senior Account Manager
- Next Street – Capital solutions to help NYC businesses
Wednesday, June 14 2017
Fashion Institute of Technology
7th Avenue and West 28th, 12-6pm
Learn more at CitySource.
Emerging designer or resource to share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter!