HATCH Collection, a Women’s Contemporary brand is looking for an Assistant Designer! The Assistant Designer will support the Design Director in all design and development aspects of the product offering of the brand.
About The Brand
Born out of a desire for something chic and elevated, Ariane created HATCH to fill a void in the maternity clothing market. With this in mind, she created an original line of chic and timeless clothing meant to be worn for every stage.
Position Title: Assistant Designer
Manager: Design Director
- Research shapes, color, fabrics and details relevant to the brand
- Assist with seasonal mood-boards and color palettes
- Create technical flat sketches and update existing sketches with any design changes throughout each season
- Create and update tech-packs for all local and overseas development
- Color prints and embellishments
- Source fabrics and trims, attend fabric fairs
- Create and maintain style detail charts throughout each season
- Build and constantly update design boards and render sketches according to fabrications
- Assist during fittings and relay comments to pattern and sample makers
- Be in close communication with local and overseas factories regarding all development updated and update them with sample status charts throughout each season
- Maintain an organized sample tracking system each season
- Maintain development fabric library
- Create and maintain seasonal linesheets
- Bachelor’s Degree, Apparel Design
- Strong understanding of the HATCH aesthetic
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and fit
- Ability to flat sketch
- Proficient in Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with factories and patternmakers locally and abroad is a plus
- Must be hands-on, self -starter, capable of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects with firm deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fluid environment.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up
Learn more about the brand at Hatch Collection. Please submit resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Note: this job was posted on March 19, 2018.
Interested in listing a fashion job or internship? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.