Earlier this month, Barneys launched an Instagram account dedicated to the men of Barneys New York. The account caters to their target, the discerning men in fashion and plays off the brand’s taste, luxury and humor positioning. It also shows the importance of this market and the opportunity to deliver content that fits into their lifestyle.
To promote the news, they used Facebook and told subscribers about it in their newsletter which focused on menswear label Gitman. Sharing the news on multiple touch points allowed consumers to learn about the account, and gave them the ability to continue the brand journey.
Their photos already make up a diverse range of content. In addition to visuals, they also provide simple copy that goes a long way because it provides context around the photo to help inform, remind and inspire their customer.
Here are 9 types of content they shared:
- A welcome message to their customers complete with a nice stiff drink
- Colorful pocket squares for a soft product push
- Recommended weekend wardrobe
- A lesson in fashion history telling people about the story of Shinola bikes
- Their sense of humor and witty personality by showing how they make manmosas
- A throw back thursday photo featuring John Stewart which allows them to leverage one of the most popular Instagram hashtags
- A shot of their Chicago staff to show the value of their stylish team
- The love affair that all New Yorkers have with the city despite when it rains
See all of their posts on the Barney’s Man instagram account.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.