Since 2006, Cartier has supported female entrepreneurs through the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards. To-date, 198 female entrepreneurs from 7 regions including Latin America, North America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & North Africa, Far East Asia, South-East Asia have participated in the program.
They have announced their open call for female owned business that are impacting communities and providing social good in a variety of categories including including fashion, design, consumer goods, education & culture, retail, health and more.
In collaboration with INSEAD, a leading graduate business school and McKinsey & Company, the program has proven to be an invaluable experience giving finalists mentorship opportunities, cash prizes and visibility.
In 2019, over $1 million USD will be given away to 21 companies. The following details requirements for submission:
2019 Award Criteria
Your business must be an original, for-profit early stage company (1-3 years old) led by a woman. Specifically:
- For-profit: the business should be designed to generate revenues, non-profit project proposals not accepted.
- Originality: the business should be a new concept, wholly conceived by the founder or team, and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business.
- Early stage: the business should be in the initial phase of its development (between 1-3 years)
- Revenue generation: the business should currently be generating revenue. It being understood that a business that is generating revenue is not necessarily profitable in its first years of operations.
- Women leadership & ownership: The main leadership position must be filled by a woman either in the capacity of Director, General Manager or CEO. She must also own significant stake within the company. The ownership of the business is evaluated based on the position of the candidate in relation to other stakeholders.
- Legal entry age: 18 or the age of legal majority in country of citizenship (whichever is older) on the day of the application deadline.
Good command of English required (both verbal and written).
21 Finalists Will Receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week
- A series of entrepreneurship workshops, knowledge sessions and networking events during the Awards week
- Media visibility
- A scholarship to attend the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship 6-Day Executive Program (provided their business meets INSEAD’s eligibility criteria)
- Networking opportunities through the Cartier Awards community and beyond
- 7 Winners Will Receive:
- 100,00 USD prize
- One-to-one personalized business mentoring
14 Second Prize Winners will Receive:
- $30,000 USD prize
The deadline to apply is August 31, 2018. Learn more and apply at Cartier Women’s Initiative.
Please note that we are not affiliated with this open call and cannot answer questions about it.