Interested in becoming Made in NY certified? With the city’s new initiative, now is your opportunity to apply if you are a New York City-based fashion business.
If approved, brands will be able to use the official mark to not only show their commitment to local manufacturing, but to also be a part of the bigger fashion community. Another benefit is being able to use the symbol in marketing materials both on and offline as it can signify prestige in both local and international markets.
This is one of many programs established by Made in NY Fashion which includes their recently launched fashion campaign and Barneys NY x CFDA: Made in New York collection. There’s more to come too. Over the next year, the city will invest $10 million in funding to support fashion design and manufacturing.
Applications are rolling with staggered submission deadlines. Eligibility requirements include:
- Registered business license
- Headquartered or incorporated in New York City
- Manufacture one or more fashion products (apparel, accessories, or jewelry)
- One or more existing retail partner(s)
- One or more full-time employees
- Certificate of insurance
- Produce 75% or more of product in New York City
To learn more and apply, visit Made in NY Fashion.
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.