The Brooklyn Nets has launched their open call for their 2015 NBA season. The contest asks fashion design students in the tri-state area to design a new look for the Brooklynettes dance team; think diverse, sophisticated, cutting edge athletes that need to move. The winning uniform will be worn during home games at the Barclay Center.
- The Brooklyn Nets will select three finalists who will create a sample of their design with Brooklynettes costume designer David Dalrymple
- Each finalist will have a fitting with a Brooklynettes dance team member and have their look captured in photos and video
- The top three designs will be featured on brooklynnets.com and fans will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite design
- The winning design will be produced by David Dalrymple, longtime designer at House of Field, whose clients include Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez and more
- The Fashion Face-Off winner will receive a four week paid internship with designer David Dalrymple to bring their winning design to life
- The winner will also receive two tickets to the Brooklyn Nets home game when the Brooklynettes debut the winning look, a video feature in-arena and on brooklynnets.com and coverage on Brooklyn Nets social media platforms
- Applicants must be 18 yeas old, be full-time students in a college fashion program and reside within the Nets’ marketing territory as defined by the National Basketball Association (currently, a 75-mile radius from the contiguous border of the city of New York)
- Designers must submit front and back sketches of their look
- Design submissions must be black and white, contain the word “NETS,” reflect the Brooklyn Stars and Stripes uniform and draw inspiration from the 2014-15 Brooklynettes costume collection
- Fabrics chosen must be conducive to all styles of dance and athletic choreography
- Brooklyn Nets player names and numbers should not be incorporated into the design
The deadline to apply is February 6, 2015 at noon and the application can be found at Brooklyn Nets.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.