The Philadelphia Fashion Incubator at Macy’s has announced an open call for their 2016 residency for emerging designers beginning in March. The year-long program provides business workshops with industry leaders, a comprehensive curriculum along with resources and opportunities to break into the fashion marketplace.Participants also receive subsidized space at Macy’s City Center location which consists of a workshop room with room for sample production and serve as a showroom.
- Reside in the Philadelphia Region: 8 county area includes Philadelphia, the 4 PA Counties (Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Bucks) and NJ – Camden, Gloucester, Burlington.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Provide a minimum of five (5) images of your garments. Ideally work that best reflects your vision for your brand. If called back for an interview, plan to show at least these samples but preferably more.
- Either plan to start, or have already started (0-5 years), a fashion business in the City of Philadelphia.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $75.00. Candidates applying for a second time fee is $30.00
- Be able to commit to PFI completely, utilizing all available resources, similar to a full-time job (35-40 hours a week).
- Demonstrate a manageable level of financial ability to fund their new businesses throughout the one year residency (sample development, production, marketing, operations…).
- Monthly Studio Fee for Residency: $200
Learn more and apply at Philadelphia Fashion Incubator.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.