To help establish New York as one of the leading cities in technology and fashion, the NYCEDC announced their latest open-call for “emerging, innovative, New York City-based retailers and fashion tech companies” to participate in Project Pop-Up NYC.
Businesses selected will pop-up at STORY, an innovative retail experience based in Chelsea that is quickly becoming known for showcasing brands with their own, compelling point-of-difference for a limited-time. Project Pop-Up NYC will begin around Fashion Week and run for the month of September. This first time initiative will help highlight New York talent and be a case study for the changing face of retail.
Who Is Eligible:
- Applicants must be a fashion retailer (on or offline) or a fashion tech company. Whether you are a B2B or B2C business, companies must have a retail application.
- Retailers must be able to run a pop-up store with saleable merchandise from September 6 – 30
- Technology companies must be able to showcase/demo their product during this period
- Applicants must be based in New York State and pay State and City taxes
- Have a minimum of two full-time employees and have been in business for at least one year
- Have annual or sales projections over $25,000
- A month of space at STORY to showcase their goods or technology concept with free rent and all sales going towards the business
- Business support that includes PR and marketing assistance, mentoring from industry professionals and brand exposure
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
You may also like:
- Tomorrow’s Future of Fashion: 2012 Fashion Campus NYC Recap
- Open Call: NYC Based Emerging Designer? Apply to the Design Entrepreneurs NYC Program
- Open Call: Zappos is Looking For Emerging Designers