The EcoChic Design Award has announced their open call for their Fifth Annual Sustainable Fashion Design competition which inspires emerging fashion designers to create mainstream clothing with minimal textile waste.
Each year the competition provides education on sustainable design and the realities of waste around the world. From here, participants are challenged with creating garments developed off of this limited waste philosophy.
The 2015/16 competition is open to fashion designers with less than three years professional experience and fashion design students living in any Asian or European country.
All 10 finalists will present their collection at Hong Kong Fashion Week and a receive a variety of opportunities and access to resources. The grand prize winner will design a collection with Shanghai Tang,one of China’s leading luxury brands. Other prizes include exposure, mentorship and tools to run a business.
- Raffaele Borriello, Creative Consigliere, Shanghai Tang
- Orsola de Castro, Fashion Designer, Co-founder of Estethica and Co-founder of Fashion Revolution
- Susie Lau, Fashion Writer and Editor, Style Bubble
- Anderson Lee, Chairman, Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC)
- Stephanie Zhu, Fashion Editor, ELLE China
- Designers must be 18 or over (as of application closing date of 15 August 2015)
- Live with a valid ID/passport/visa/resident permit in any Asian or European country at the time of the application
- A fashion designer with less than three years’ professional fashion design experience or a fashion design student studying in any year at an educational institute in any Asian or European country at the time of the application
- An individual (group applications are not permitted)
The deadline to enter is August 15 2015. Learn more and apply at EcoChic Design Award.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.