In celebration of meaningful design, the Good Goods Marketplace, a new showcase during New York Design Week happening May 7-8, 2016 has announced an open call for talent.
Developed by Young & Able, the market will highlight work from emerging designers and local artists in the art, fashion, design and culinary goods space. Their vision is to organize interactions between makers and the New York community through workshops, art installations and a marketplace.
Designers, makers, curators, shop owners in any of the following categories are welcome to apply.
Women’s clothing, men’s clothing, jewelry, accessories, handbags, small leather goods, home and textile, fiber arts, vintage, design objects, art prints, stationery and paper goods, furnitures, ceramics, apothecary and personal care.
- Your items are handcrafted
- Your products fit in within their vision of high-quality, well-crafted goods. Meaning, they are innovative and original items produced using traditional craft methods but not based on any pre-existing patterns or products.
- Believe in sustainability, are upfront with transparency in their production and are supportive of their communities
- Work is cohesive and consistent but should also be a well-diversified product line
- Items are artfully and professionally represented in your photos/on your website
Important Dates & Details
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but it is recommend to apply early to grab a spot
- The team will review applications within 14 days of submission
- Applications close: March 23, 2016 11:59pm EST. or earlier based on booth availability
Learn more and apply at The Good Goods.
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.