UncommonGoods has always been an animal friendly company and committed to design. Now, they’ve decided to put their values to the test with the Vegan Accessories Design Challenge that will give an emerging designer a $500 cash prize, exposure and an opportunity to work with the New York-based online retailer.
For this competition, they’re looking for handbags, wallets, belts, clutches and other items that fit into the category that are made with alternates to leather, pearls, feathers and suede. Products must of course, fit into their tasteful, yet “uncommon” point-of-view.
A panel of judges will help narrow down the preliminary list of semi-finalists selected by UnommonGoods. They include:
- Alden Wicker, Founder and Editor in Chief of EcoCult
Jackie Udden, Assistant Jewelry & Accessories Buyer at UncommonGoods
Caleb Knutson, Product Development Associate at UncommonGoods
Jessica McDonough, Associate Art Director at UncommonGoods
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply
- The submission deadline is November 16, 2014
- The grand prize winner receives $500, a potential vendor contract and opportunity to work with the buyer to build a plan based on your production capabilities
- You’ll also be featured on UncommonGoods.com and their marketing materials
- Runners-up will receive a critique of their work from guest judges and tips on how to grow their business from the UncommonGoods team
Learn more and apply to the UncommonGoods Vegan Design Challenge.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.