After a successful holiday pop-up in 2014, Young & Able, the retailer championing emerging designers and makers has announced an open call for their 2015 Holiday Pop-Up Celebration. This year’s theme is titled “Brooklyn Artistry” and will feature a selection of products handcrafted in the borough and sold at their Lower East Side, Manhattan location this winter.
The monthlong holiday pop-up space will feature a variety of workshops, designer talks and local product. Founder Rosa Ng said:
Our mission is to create a collaborative space that facilitates conversations and creates connections between designers and individuals within creative industries. We encourage new and emerging makers, innovators and artists to come share your work with us.
This year, they are highlighting Brooklyn makers, designers & manufacturers only. Categories they are interested in are: fashion jewelry, handbags, small leather goods, home decor, beauty & apothecary, holiday cards, paper goods, furniture, textile and packaged food.
Specific qualifications include:
- Your items are handcrafted in Brooklyn
- Your products fit within their vision of high-quality, well-crafted goods. Meaning, they are innovative and original items produced using traditional craft methods but not based on any per-existing patterns or products.
- Your work overall is cohesive and consistent
- Your items are artfully and professionally represented in your photos/on your website
- You are able to provide enough inventory for selected products upfront throughout the one month duration of the pop-up shop.
- Your work is well-differentiated and unique from that of other artists participating in the shop.
- You offer a well-diversified product line. We seek makers offering a well-cultivated line of goods, or specializing in one type of product but in a variety of styles and color ways.
Key dates and next steps
The deadline to apply is August 31st and an open call will be the week of August 24th, 2015. All participants will be notified on September 9, 2015.
Pop-Up Shop Details
- 2 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002 (off Bowery), December 3, 2015 – January 3, 2016.
Daily from 11am-7pm with workshops from 7pm-9pm / Closed on Christmas Day
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.