The Saint Louis Fashion Fund, an organization committed to supporting the city’s fashion week has announced the finalists for the inaugural 2014 Saint Louis Fashion Week Emerging Designer Competition. A panel of industry experts narrowed down the nationwide pool of applicants and on October 15, one designer will be awarded with $15,000 presented by Brown Shoe Company to grow their business and be given the opportunity to produce one look.
The 2014 finalists are:
- Collina Strada, Hillary Taymour of Brooklyn, NY
- Daniella Kallmeyer, Daniella Kallmeyer of NY
- Harbison, Charles Harbison of Brooklyn, NY
- Jessie Liu, Jessie Liu of San Francisco, CA
- Remi Canarie, Lisa Panza and Liz Patelski of Chicago, IL
- Wai Ming, Emily Koplar of St. Louis, MO
Tania Beasley-Jolly, SLFF Emerging Designer Chair/Vice co-Chair is keen on the organization developing talent and said,
“From the onset, our goal was to identify and nurture new and emerging design talent. These six finalists represent the best and the brightest working in fashion today and they bring an extreme amount of talent and professionalism to the table. Aside from the cash donation, which any emerging designer needs to take him/her to the next level, it’s our mission at the SLFF to help them make invaluable professional contacts in the industry, as well as propel them to new heights in their careers.”
The members of the 2014 Saint Louis Emerging Designer Competition selection committee include a top tier panel of industry names:
- Christene Barberich, Editor in Chief, Refinery29
- Tess Giberson, Designer
- Stan Herman, Former CFDA President, and Designer
- Fern Mallis, Founder of New York Fashion Week
- Colleen Sherin, Senior Fashion Director, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Gary Wassner, Financing Fashion since 1958, and CFDA Fashion Incubator Advisory Board Member and Mentor
Learn more at Saint Louis Fashion Week.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like: