Founded in 2013, the Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator (BF+DA) is a hub for social and environmental entrepreneurship and production. We are committed to the growth of triple bottom line enterprise in NYC. We offer our community mentorship, studio space and access to events and programs that connect the dots between sustainability, technology, enterprise and production.
The BF+DA seeks a Receptionist to coordinate the front-of-house experience including greeting and guiding visitors, general communications, keeping the space orderly and running smoothly, coordinating inventory of supplies, and a variety of clerical activities and tasks related to general office support. You will work with the BF+DA team to ensure that all members and guests of the BF+DA community feel welcome. You are highly organized, thoughtful and an excellent communicator who enjoys supporting a diverse community.
Flexibility in work hours required. Normal work hours 9am-5pm, events 2-3 times a month (evenings 5- 9pm) and/or weekends covered by overtime or adjusted hours.
- Greet and escort guests
- Answer and transfer phone calls and respond to voicemail
- Field and respond to general inquiry emails and transfer other inquiries to appropriate parties
- Receive, sort and deliver incoming mail
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery of express mail services
- Set-up for hosting guests, meetings and events.
- Assist with preparation and running of larger events
- Schedule and coordinate public & basic private tours
- Onboard new community members and coordinate their entry experience
- Order, receive, stock and distribute office and pantry supplies
- Maintain bookkeeping records of purchases
- Schedule appointments for senior staff
- Provide general office support through a variety of clerical tasks such as photocopying, filing and collating.
- Maintain website and other online tools as needed
- Ensure community’s adherence to space guidelines
- Keep public and administrative areas presentable and tidy including kitchen, storage room, hallways, reception, phone booths, event space, conference room and office
- Update & maintain community blackboard, whiteboard & directory
- Maintain clothing and art supply donation bins
- Communicate with building and Pratt on security, IT and building related needs
- Two years of administrative experience
- Excellent organizational and administrative capabilities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Business required, Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required; Associate’s degree preferred
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. The position is based at Pratt Institute Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Use your name and the position you are interested in as the subject of email.
Note: This job was published on July 7, 2017.