The Emerging Designer is hosting our next Meetup called: PR 101: Understanding the Basics of Public Relations
The purpose of this Meetup is to help designers and entrepreneurs understand the basics of public relations. Students, designers and startups are all welcome to attend. Guests will walk away with industry insight, best practices and the inside scoop on how to be successful with your PR efforts.
Our experts work with emerging designers and entrepreneurs and are excited to share their knowledge. They are:
- Sabina Ptacin (@SabinaRedBranch), Chief Excitement Officer at ‘PRENEUR (@Preneuring) and President of Red Branch PR
- Danika Daly, Founder of Danika Daly PR (@DanikaDalyPR) and the Fashion PR Confidential Workshop.
The flow of the evening will be:
6:45: Discussion & Q&A
Here’s what we’ll talk about:
- The essentials: what you need in your PR toolkit
- Your press release
- What makes a good pitch
- Why PR now includes social media
- How to reach an editor or blogger
- Editorial calendar
- What not to do! – PR sins!
Attendees must RSVP for the event at our Meetup page.
Wed, January 30
6:30 pm – 8:30
The Fashion Center
209 W. 38th, 2nd Floor
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.