1. Want to get involved in Social Media Week New York? Check out Using Social Media in the Fashion Industry: Fashion#560 Chat. This event is hosted by Parsons The New School for Design – School of Fashion and will be held on Thursday, Feb 16 from 5-6pm. Some of the best names like DKNY PR Girl and other industry professional will be discussing how to leverage social media to promote your brand. (via Social Media Week)
2. What’s all the hype with Pinterest? Check out this infographic to give you an overview of which brands are using the visual corkboard and read this article about Dawn Del Russo, a NYC celebrity stylist that uses it to track her inspiration. (via Mashable and DNA Info)
3. If you’re looking for trims, resources and companies with low minimums, you should attend the DG Expo in New York this February 6th and 7th. It’s a free two-day textile and trimming event for designers.
4. Check out Alexander Wang’s new advertising campaign for his T by Alexander Wang line. Not only is it packed with energy and killer beats for his cult-like following, it also drives back to his unified, consistent brand voice. (Via WWD)
5. Watch this video on DIY branding and then execute these few simple exercises to help develop your marketing plan. (Via Open Forum)
6. Who couldn’t learn a bit from Facebook after hearing about their 5 billion IPO this week? Here are Mark Zuckerberg’s 6 Ingredients for Success. (Via TechCrunch)
Are you an emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org