Visçera NY is a growing New York-based dress house focused in demi-couture evening wear and bridal. We are launching our e-commerce store late spring and catalog initiative in the fall. With an aggressive growth plan already in motion, we are in need of 2 ambitious and innovative public relations interns to join our team. This internship opportunity entails being able to implement various digital and traditional marketing initiatives. The individual will have an opportunity to be creative, make a difference in a growing company, and work closely with the designer. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with the ability to assist with our brand development to grow the brand’s visibility in the market and press.
Work a minimum 10 hours per week. Dates and times will vary depending on the week’s project focus and deadlines. To be a representative of Visçera NY while working with vendors and attending clients and guests. Public Relations intern may fulfill hours working remotely unless otherwise is needed.
Projects will include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting media materials, designing communication campaigns, press kits, writing press releases, arranging interviews for the designer, briefing sheets, and pitches, and engaging in strong web and social media content
- Maintenance of media list and press contacts
- Create and execute social media marketing plan to engage and grow our online signature across all social media channels and drive traffic to our e-commerce site by our target audience, media, stylists, and bloggers
- Create fresh content for our blog to promote the company’s lifestyle and values. Must attend and help manage list and front door for fashion shows and events.
- Work closely with designer to help with aspects of design and production, but not limited to:
- Basic patternmaking, copy and create clean final pattern with cutters must and technical flat, transfer muslins and drapings to pattern paper, pickup supplies,fabric ,and notions from vendors,
- Maintenance of samples’ beading and details
- Labeling hang tags and attaching to samples
- May have to try on garments for buyers during market appointments
- Create linelist and help layout lookbooks for each new collection
- Knowledge of hand-finishing. Must attend events and help dress for fashion shows
- College juniors/seniors/post grads
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a fashion, marketing, or a public relations related field or have obtained Bachelor’s in Public Relations and/or Communications,
- Highly resourceful and capable of working with little direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must be proactive and possess initiative to create and pitch ideas that compliment and push the brand forward
- Have the ability to operate effectively independently and within a team
- Collaborative character, results driven with strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Word, Powerpoint, Graphic Design (Photoshop and Illustrator) is a must.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr
- Must be comfortable working with or around real fur.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include relevant course work/industry experience in resume, link to website or portfolio.
Candidates of Interest will be invited for an interview with Visçera NY. The selected candidate will be notified shortly after.
March 1, 2015 Spring Internship begins
May 1, 2015 Summer Internship begins
August 1, 2015 Fall Internship begins
November 1, 2015 Winter Internship begins
Learn more at Viscera NYC.