1. This week marked an import milestone at the White House. Learn more about Michelle Obama’s fashion education workshop that brought out top industry names. (via the New York Times)
2. It’s been 40 years since Diane von Furstenberg introduced the wrap dress and now she’s releasing her memoir. Read more about the book in this interview. (via the Wall Street Journal)
3. Holiday shopping begins earlier and earlier each year. Read about how 1/4 Americans will begin buying gifts before Halloween and other retail stats. (via Fashionista)
4. Ready for Cyber Monday? Here are a 5 ways to prepare your website for one of the biggest shopping days of the holiday season. (via Entrepreneur)
5. Wearables are all the talk these days. Check out these RocketSkates that are like segways for your feet! (via Business Week)
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.