1. From sketches to street art, see how Renée Snelson has created shoefiti all over New York’s East Village and Lower East Side. (via WWD)
2. There’s been a battle over who owns the color pink. Read more about the legal feud between Thomas Pink and Victoria Secret. (via Business Week)
3. Does Twitter’s layout make users more active? Check out the results of their research that tells why people are more engaged. (via Digiday)
4. This is the summer of the fugly shoe! See which brands have made a comeback with the fashion set. (via The Wall Street Journal)
5. These days, communicating with emojis are pretty common. Take this test to see if you are fluent in the visual language. (via The New York Times)
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.