5 Productivity Tips When Executing Your Marketing and Social Media Efforts
"I don't have time for social media, I'm doing everything else." That's what many designers say when it comes to marketing their fashion business. Who has time for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Oh, and there's now Vine too.
Yes, you are busy, stressed and most likely doing everything on your own. However, with some planning, structure and commitment to marketing your business, executing your efforts may become a lot easier.
Here are 5 ways to make time for your marketing and social media efforts:
1. Carve out time on your calendar by creating blocks of work sessions throughout the week for strategy, execution and assessment. Breaking up your schedule will help make the process seem less daunting and be your first step to commitment.
2. If you need an extra nudge, use a free service like Wunderlist, where you can create your to-do list and syncs tasks on your desktop, mobile device and tablet. This app has an alarm system for reminders and allows you to invite others to be a part of a specific project.
3. Refer to your sweet spot questions to help you tackle what to do for the month ahead. This way, you have a strategic plan of attack and a roadmap for when you need to accomplish your efforts.
4. Turn off your phone, close your email applications and any pop-ups so you are not distracted or tempted to answer any messages or search the Internet.
5. Use a timer to stay focused and committed to the task. This could be 30 minutes or an hour, but having dedicated time is important because it gives you an end point. Plus, sitting down is half the battle, but staying there an not having the mind stray is another.
Commit yourself to doing this for a month and assess your progress each week. From here, plan the next month and see what's working and what you can do better.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.