6 Tips on How to Market Your Brand From the Hester Street Fair
Sumanta, Founder of Uurmi
If you like food and fashion, then you'll love the Hester Street Fair, a market filled with artisanal products and local emerging designers every Saturday in the Lower East Side and Thursday at the Eventi Open Air Plaza for Hester Nights.
This weekend, I walked the fair and took away a couple of marketing tips for any designer selling at a market or trunk show:
1. Don't be afraid to get out of your booth to showcase your product and tell your brand story. Uurmi, a line of modern Indian womenswear that's made in New York told us that this scarf is of a photo she took while in India which comes in three colors.
2. Let your customers know what payment options you take. Sarustar, a jewelry label with a fascination for rocks, teeth, dirt and brass had signage on her table to let customers know their options. This type of information may help you get a sale, especially when most people don't carry cash, or are prone to spending it quickly on food (myself included).
3. Whether it's food or fashion, make sure you feature your product as the hero. Beautiful photos showcasing your product on a banner like Brewla, speciality ice pops made with brewed beverages can quickly entice your customer.
4. Show your social media sites like Cultured Confections, a new gourmet snack brand with products like Thai peanut and curry popcorn that made their debut this weekend and used a large banner which showed Facebook, Instagram and Twitter icons as a reminder to connect.
5. Sell the features and benefits of your product. Brewla had a piece of signage that detailed how each ice pop had a different purpose. Their Remedy flavor, made of raspberry green tea is supposed to heal while The Lullaby calms you.
6. Engage people by adding an interactive component. The Gefilteria, boutique purveyors of Old World Jewish food took "first time" photos of people trying gefilte fish, a mixture of ground fish and posted them to Instagram.
Learn more about the vendors and check out the Hester Street Fair. Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like: