Attend the Swim Lessons Seminar at Parsons and Learn The Business of Fashion
Interested in learning more about how to run a successful business? Swim Lessons, a one-day educational seminar created by UBM FASHION, the creators of MAGIC, Project, Coterie and other fashion industry tradeshows to help emerging designers build their brand in today's ever-changing market. Their New York session will take place at Parsons on October 9, 2017. The full day, free event brings together industry leaders to discuss a variety of hot topics like tradeshows, financing and selling 101.
- Danielle Licata, Fashion Director and Brand Manager, UBM Fashion
- Steve Trayner, Managing Director, Barbarian Agency
- Rachel Kibbe, Founder and CEO, HELPSY
- Anna Ward, Director of External Relations, Artists & Fleas
- Stephanie Black, Brooklyn Market Manager, Artists & Fleas
- Tim Moore, Executive Vice President, Hilldun
- Shawn Howell, VP & DMM, Gilt & Saks Off Fifth
- Constance Hoza, VP & DMM of Ladies Apparel, Lord & Taylor
- Bill Phillips, President of Bill Phillips Editorial Consulting & former VP/Editor in Chief of Men’s Health
- Theresa Hiner, Sr. Sales Director, Bill Blass
- Douglas Hand, Founding Partner, Hand, Baldachin, & Amburgey LLP
- Selling 101
- Addressing Sustainability As A Fashion Business
- Wholesale & Retail Presentation
- Financing Fashion
- Retail Q&A
- Communicating with Customers Effectively
- Bill Blass - Brand Q&A
- Fashion Law: The Essential Legal Elements in the Fashion Industry
Learn more and register for the Thursday, October 9 2017 event.
Emerging designer or resource to share? Please contact us at email@example.com. Also, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to learn about the latest news, open calls, events and opportunities!