Emerging Designer Open Call: Design Entrepreneurs NYC, A Free Mini-MBA Program
Are you an emerging designer with a New York City-based business? If so, now is the time to apply to Design Entrepreneurs NYC. In its second year, this free initiative brought to you by FIT and the NYCEDC is a "mini-MBA" program that will help you strengthen your brand and grow your business while also putting you in the company of top peers and industry leaders.
Designers selected into the program will participate in weekend intensive courses throughout the summer which include topics such as: business marketing, operations, financial management, legal matters, branding and presentation skills. Design Entrepreneurs will be paired with a mentor to help actualize their goals and objectives and those that complete the program will have the opportunity to present their business plans to a board of executive leaders.
The 2012 inaugural class consisted of 35 designers in a range of market segments and aesthetics and included New York brands such as Marlon Gobel, Mimi Plange, Jes Wade, Sena NYC, Parke and Ronen, Kristi Vosbeck, Between the Sheets Lingerie, Study by Tara St. James and Kordal.
Criteria and process
- Applicants must be a NYC-based fashion designer (womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, and/or accessories)
- Operate a NYC-based business
- Should have been in business for at least one year
- Can commit to the mandatory events and deliverables of the program
- Have demonstrated traction in the industry (e.g. press coverage, sales, etc...)
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.