June 2014 Fashion Events, Lectures and Exhibitions
1. Listen to Dirk Standen, Lizzie Tisch, Kim Kassel and Leandra Medine of Man Repeller talk about the future of fashion at the 92Y. Wednesday, June 4th at 8:15pm at 1395 Lexington Avenue, New York
2. See the newly opened Exposed: History of Lingerie exhibition at the Museum at FIT. Now through November 15. Seventh Avenue at 27 Street, New York.
3. Join Brooklyn-based retailer Swords-Smith for an art opening and pop-up shop with CLR Therapy. See their installation mural, shop limited edition pieces and sip on complimentary drinks. Thursday June 5th, 6-9pm at 98 South 4th St, Brooklyn.
4. Get your business organized with these finance for fashion designers classes at FIT. June - July. Seventh Avenue at West 27th Street, New York.
5. Meet Young & Able, an emerging designer curated retail platform at their Super Fun Night celebration featuring Giu Giu and Toy Syndrome at PIPS. June 13th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm, 158 Roebling Street, Brooklyn.
6. Visit the Complete Parts international jewelry exhibition featuring over 45 new designers from all over the globe. Now- June 17, Mon & Tue 12 - 8pm. Shin Gallery, 322 Grand Street, New York
7. Take a look at works from Bill Cunningham Facades, an eight year photographic memoir from our favorite fashion photographer. Now-June 15 at New York Historical Society. 170 Central Park West.
8. See Kara Walker's art installation at the Domino Sugar Factory. Fridays 4–8pm, Saturdays 12–6pm, and Sundays 12–6pm. South First Street at Kent, Brooklyn.
9. Brush up on your fashion drawing skills at the Would You Rock This? workshops. There's the fantasy fashion drawings session with Justine Parish and the Creative Photoshop Techniques for Illustrators. Meetup on various days in June and July.
10. See it once or see it twice, but don't forget to see the Charles James exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Now until August 10. 1000 Fifth Avenue (at 82nd Street).
11. Attend the How to Make It seminar brought to you by Fashionista and hear some of the top names in fashion give advice on how to win in this industry. June 27 from 8-5pm at the Highline Hotel at 180 10th Ave, New York.
12. Head to the Lower East Side for the Hester Street Fair and shop local designers and grab some great eats. Saturday and Sundays until October 26, 10am-6pm. At the corner of Hester and Essex, New York.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
You may also like: