Modalyst: Connecting Emerging Accessory Designers and Retailers Through Collective Buys
Modalyst, the new online business-to-business marketplace connecting emerging accessory designers and independent boutiques is building the wholesale model of the future. Tapping into the changing needs of retailers, the platform is based on collective buys which allows owners and those involved in purchase-making decisions to place orders through their vetted platform with other merchants for greater efficiencies.
For US and international accessory designers, Modalyst allows new talent to easily connect with boutiques to build their online wholesale presence and help them get the sales traction they need to thrive in the retail space.
Those that meet the criteria can start building their own virtual showroom by uploading their lookbook, videos, press and creating their standardized linesheet within the site. A small monthly fee and a commission on sales is billed each cycle.
Some of the benefits of the marketplace include:
- Connect and build relationships with retailers across the United States while generating awareness for the brand
- Manage purchase orders with detailed email alerts on collective buys and deadlines
- Ability to work with retailers to control billing terms
- Opportunity to discover and test out new brands with less prohibitive minimums
- Increase purchasing power collectively to compete with larger retailers
- Place orders on a regular basis to fulfill immediate needs in addition to seasonal buys
- The convenience and efficiency that traditional tradeshows and showroom may not be able to offer
- Open to boutiques in the United States and Canada free of charge
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.