New Meetup: Financing and Factoring: A Conversation With Gary Wassner of Hilldun Corporation on April 23
For our next Meetup, Gary Wassner, CO-CEO of Hilldun Corporation will speak on financing and factoring your fashion business on April 23, at the Fashion Center in New York.
"Known as the company behind many of Seventh Avenue's most prestigious fashion companies, Gary has provided financing and factoring for many of America's most iconic designer labels. Derek Lam, Peter Som, Jason Wu, Alexander Wang, Nanette Lepore, Naeem Kahn, Zang Toi, Vivienne Westwood, Wes Gordon, Thom Browne, Betsey Johnson, Marc Jacobs and Alexis Bittar are only a few of fashion's finest that have benefited from the discerning eyes and business acumen of he and his business partner of twenty years, Jeffrey Kapelman."
Gary was recently named Fashionista's 50 Most Influential People in Fashion. He is also a member of the CFDA Advisory Board, a mentor for the CFI Incubator program, an advisory board member of Fordham Law School's Fashion Law Institute, as well as a member of Senator Gillibrand's Fashion Industry Working Group and a passionate supporter of the Save The Garment Center movement and all causes related to supporting the Fashion Industry in NYC.
The conversation will cover topics such as:
- What is factoring and how does it work
- When should a designer use a factor
- How much capital should a designer expect to have to run a business
- How to go about funding your fashion business
- How should you allocate your budget and what items should you not waste money
- When working with retailers, how does the process work in terms of financing, payment and expectations
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like: