Open Call: 2015 LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers
LVMH has announced their second open call for young fashion designers. The contest seeks to honor and support top emerging talent from all all over the globe including fashion design students.
“With this second edition of the LVMH Prize for Young Designers, the Group confirms its ongoing dedication to young talent. It is our responsibility as leader of our industry to identify tomorrow’s talents and help them grow.” -Delphine Arnault
In 2014, Thomas Tait, Miuniku and Hood by Air were award with prizes.
Winners will receive:
- A grant of 300,000 euros
- Both technical and financial support for one year after being award the prize. Areas of focus will be various facets of the business that are crucial to growing and sustaining a brand (marketing, producing, sourcing, etc...)
- The “Graduates” prize is for students in fashion schools who are completing a degree course in 2015. Three winners receive a 10,000 euro grant and an opportunity to work work with a design team at an LVMH brand for one year.
Criteria and process
- Open to designers under 40 years of age
- Must have presented and sold at least two women's or men's ready-to-wear collections
- If applying to the graduate award, students must be in their final year of fashion school and have created at least six original outfits in menswear or womenswear
- An international selection committee of fashion industry experts will select 10 finalist during Paris fashion week in March and the winner will be announced in June 2015.
The jury includes 9 creative directors from the LVMH houses:
Its jury is composed of nine creative directors of the LVMH fashion houses: Nicolas Ghesquière (Louis Vuitton), Marc Jacobs (Marc Jacobs), Karl Lagerfeld (Fendi), Humberto Leon and Carol Lim (Kenzo), Phoebe Philo (Céline), Raf Simons (Dior), Riccardo Tisci (Givenchy) who will be joined by J.W. Anderson (Loewe). Delphine Arnault, Jean-Paul Claverie (advisor to Bernard Arnault and head of corporate philanthropy for LVMH) and Pierre-Yves Roussel (Chairman and CEO of the LVMH Fashion Group) will also be part of it.
The deadline for those submitting to the young fashion designers award is February 8, 2015. If you are a fashion design student, applications will be accepted until May 3, 2015. To learn more visit LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers.