Open Call: 2015 WGSN Global Fashion Awards
The WGSN Global Fashion Awards has announced their 2015 open call in an effort to find the new and the next. With over 20 categories, the awards honor both established and emerging designers and fashion companies in the areas of design, innovation, buying retail and etail. In addition to their breakthrough categories, the awards that focus on new talent include:
Avery Dennison RBIS Emerging Brand
- Applicants must have graduated from a recognized fashion/design marketing school or course within the last 2.5 years or have their own fashion label
- Designers must have their own independent collection and brand and not submit on behalf of a fashion company
- Submissions must include images and a 500 word essay that outlines the designers brand and concept
- The winner will receive global recognition, support from Avery and 12,000 euros to help develop their business
LYCRA® Future Designers Award
- Applicants must be a current student or have graduated no earlier than June 2013 from a recognized fashion/design school or course
- The winner will have the opportunity to work with mentors at INVISTA, owner of LYCRA® and receive a prize valued at $20,000 as benefit-in-kind to help develop their collection
- Designers must submit designs (sketches, mood boards and any other supporting material) for a minimum of four and a maximum of six pieces/looks that could be manufactured using LYCRA® fiber products
The deadline to apply is December 6, 2014. To learn more and apply, visit WGSN Global Fashion Awards.
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.