Open Call: ABURY Design Experience for US and International Emerging Designers
In an effort to preserve world craft and culture, Harper's Baazar Germany has announced their open call for international emerging designers and fashion students in collaboration with Abury, the fashion platform that combines traditional craft with modern design. The ABURY Design Experience asks emerging designers to create an accessory capsule collection that focuses on traditional crafts from various cultures. Their "It's in your hands" rally challenges talent to revive the world's dying artisanal heritage.
- Submit a maximum of 8 images of your accessory designs
- Create a short video clip introducing yourself
- Completion the application form
Winners will receive
- Travel and production budget up to €5000 and will spend up to three months in either Ecuador or Morocco to create the collection with local artisans
- Two winners will be invited to Berlin July 3 - 11, 2015 to attend exclusive events such as Berlin Fashion Week and get to know the startup scene
- The collections will be marketed and sold under the designers name and Abury. 50% of the profits will be re-invested in education projects in the respective countries.
- The winners’ final capsule collection and profiles will be covered by Harper’s Bazaar Germany online.
- Harper’s Bazaar Germany and ABURY will select 10 designers for the semi-finals.
- One winner will be selected through online voting and the other will be selected by an esteemed panel including Bibi Russell, Fashion for Development; Kerstin Schneider, Editor in Chief, Harper’s Bazaar Germany; Stefan Siegel, CEO, Not Just A Label; Diana Verde Nieto, CEO Positive Luxury; and more.
- Open to international designers
- Participants should be 21 years old or older
- Less than 5 years after graduation
- The winners must be available to come and stay in Berlin from July 3-11 2015 for orientation and workshops. From July 11, to October 31, 2015, winners are allowed to manage their own schedule as long as the collection is finished within 3 months.
Applications are open now until March 8, 2015. Learn more and apply at Abury Design Experience.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.