Open Call: Bene Rialto is Looking for Emerging Designers for Spring 2015
Bene Rialto, the new boutique and retail education platform to hit New York's Garment District is looking for emerging designers for Spring 2015. This is the first of many quarterly open calls for the three-story boutique after their successful launch during the holiday season which featured over 60 fashion, food and art labels including Ann Yee, Ministry of Supply and Mary Lai.
While each of their open calls is geared towards getting your business in-store, they are seeking brands that are committed to working together to help one another grow. Interested brands should also want to reach new customers, build brand awareness, test a retail strategy and take advantage of the opportunity to host an event at the space.
- Independent US/International or US introduction/re-introduction
- Men’s & women’s (RTW, accessories, shoes & jewelry) Home/Gift accessories
- Prepared to promote participation via social media or provide social media launch plan
- Ability to participate/coordinate in single or multi-brand event
- Ability to conduct product knowledge training for sales staff via in person or video conference within first week of in-store launch
- Logo & web ready digital images and detailed product descriptions or camera-ready product to be photographed (in-house rates apply)
- Spring stock available in store by Feb 20th
- Ability to replenish within 3-month cycle
What brands receive
- Brands are presented in store in a signed and fixtured display and online
- An expert sales staff and veteran executive team support brand development efforts
- 75% of net retail sales of all store and online sales
- As a launch pad for young businesses, participants can expect to receive invaluable product feedback through exposure to retailers and customers
- Weekly sales and inventory reports
- Inclusion in the store’s marketing and social media pushes
Designers will pay a monthly participation fees based on location and space size (starting at $250) plus 25% of sales for three-month cycles.
How to apply and next steps
Go online to Bene Rialto to submit an application by Wednesday, January 28, 2015. If accepted, Bene Rialto will call by Friday, January 30 to schedule a presentation time, in person or via video conference (Skype/Google). The go see will be on February 4, and designers will be notified by the next day.
What to bring if selected
- Your brand story and strategic vision
- Detailed line sheet or look book including wholesale and retail costs
- 5-10 samples from your Spring 2015 collection (RTW/Accessories)
- 10-20 samples from current collection (Jewelry)
Learn more at Bene Rialto.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.