Open Call: LVMH Prize for Emerging Designers
LVMH is looking for the next emerging designer. Their open called titled LVMH prize brings together industry elite to find the next up-and-coming talent. A juried panel will make the final selections and includes: Nicolas Ghesquière, Marc Jacobs, Karl Lagerfeld, Humberto Leon & Carol Lim, Phoebe Philo, Raf Simons, Ricardo Tisci.
Designers are eligible two ways:
1. Have a young fashion brand and meet the following criteria:
- Older than 18 and under 40
- Have produced at least two collections
- Collections are menswear or womenswear (not accessories)
2. Are graduating and you meet the following criteria:
- Graduating in 2014
- Have created at least six original outfits in menswear or womenswear
How the process works
Step 1 : The LVMH Prize committee establishes a shortlist of 30 candidates. Step 2 :The international committee of experts (comprising journalists, stylists and buyers) selects the ten finalists. Step 3 : The jury, whose members are Creative Directors of the Group - Nicolas Ghesquière, Marc Jacobs, Karl Lagerfeld, Humberto Leon & Carol Lim, Phoebe Philo, Raf Simons, Ricardo Tisci - and Delphine Arnault, Jean-Paul Claverie, advisor to Bernard Arnault, and Pierre-Yves Roussel, Chairman and CEO of the LVMH Fashion Group chooses the winner of the LVMH Prize in May, 2014.
The deadline to submit is February 2. Learn more and apply at LVMH prize.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.