Open Call: NYC Fashion M.A.D.E. Fall 2018 Training Grant
How NYC Fashion M.A.D.E Works
Interested companies (factories, designers, etc...) communicate their sewing needs to NYC Fashion M.A.D.E.. From here, they will work with their trusted partners to find talent and get them trained with the goal of being hired.
Fall 2018 Sewing Grant Details
NYCFM is giving out 5 training grants to teach sewing to either current or new employees at local fashion organizations, in-house studios and factories. All manufacturing companies are eligible to apply.
- NYC fashion organization (factory, designer, or company that needs sewing talent)
- Organization's structure must include jobs in sewing
- Complete the application
- NYCFM will reach out to set up an introductory call to review your application and current sewing needs
- NYCFM will make arrangements with your company for an office or factory tour
- NYCFM will run 3 industry reference checks
Grant amounts are not predetermined and will depend on the training curriculum and needs of the applicant. (Typical grants range from $500 - $5,000)
All New York-based companies are encouraged to apply and nominations are welcome. The deadline to submit your application is August 15th, 2018. Winners will be notified by September 15th and announced on October 1st.
*This grant is solely for sewing training, but NYC Fashion M.A.D.E.. has programming to support other manufacturing skills. Please contact them for additional information if you are interested in training for additional craft trade skill sets.
Learn more and apply at NYC Fashion M.A.D.E.. Have questions? Please feel free to email them at email@example.com. Please note that we are not affiliated with this open call and cannot answer questions about it.