Open Call: Pepsi and Nicola Formichetti "Live for Now" Design Challenge
Pepsi and Nicola Formichetti, the brand's global brand ambassador, fashion designer and creative director want you to take the iconic piece of brand equity and refresh it. Their 2015 #PepsiChallenge asks designers to re-envision the can for their "Live For Now" design challenge.
“I find inspiration around me constantly, particularly by the borderless world of design. From fashion and architecture to products and brands, design can be found in many mediums and created by individuals of all talents,” said Formichetti. “The ‘Live for Now’ Design Challenge was a challenge I couldn’t wait to accept and I am excited to see what the world conceives of and shares back.
The design challenge is a bigger part of the Pepsi x Liter of Light 'Ignite the Light" Tour where Formichetti asked creatives to design installations inspired by light to help bring attention to communities that lack electricity and basic lighting. When a consumer uses the hashtag, #PepsiChallenge on social media, Pepsi will donate $1 to Liter of Light to help bring affordable light solutions to those that are in need.
Judges and Prize
Top submissions will be reviewed by Formichetti and Mauro Porcini, PepsiCo’s Senior Vice President and Chief Design Officer along with a group of notables:
- Marcelo Burlon, Creative Director
- Lapo Elkann, Chairman and Co-Founder of Italia Independent
- Karim Rashid, Award-Winning Designer
- Franca Sozzani, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia
One winner will be offered a design experience at the PepsiCo Design & Innovation Center in New York City working alongside PepsiCo’s industry-leading design team.
Contest details and next steps
- Get inspired by Formichetti's take on the can that features his Nicopanda emblem so you know how far you can take your design
- Download the template and use the blank Pepsi can as you canvas, but keep the logo in tact
- Applications are open until May 13th, 2015
Learn more and apply at Pepsi Design Challenge.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.