Open Call: Philadelphia Fashion Incubator Seeks Emerging Designers for their 2015 Class
The Philadelphia Fashion Incubator at Macy's is now accepting applications for their year long program which begins in March 2015. Six applicants will be selected to become a Designer-in-Residence and focus on a curriculum that includes business education, mentoring and networking. Participants will also receive office space, a workshop with sample production area as well as a conference room/showroom space inside of Macy's Center City. Throughout the year, designers will have the opportunity to meet and learn from industry leaders, go on monthly visits to New York, and tap into local retailers like Joan Shepp. Criteria for emerging designers includes:
- Must live in the 8 county Philadelphia region
- Open to apparel and accessory designers
- Must be 21 or older
- Ideal candidate will have a few years of industry experience
- Candidate needs to have a brand, website, cohesive collection to show the selection committee
- Candidate needs to have a company up and running 6 months-3 years
The deadline to apply is December 19, 2014. Learn more and apply at the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.