Open Call: $25,000 Caleres Emerging Designer Award Presented by Saint Louis Fashion Fund
Saint Louis is keen on building the future of fashion. Led by the Saint Louis Fashion Fund, a new non-profit that includes leaders in the culture, fashion, higher education, law and business fields, the organization is continuing their mission to discover and support emerging designer talent through their second annual Caleres Emerging Designer Award.
The competition will give six finalists the opportunity to present their collection at Saint Louis Fashion Week and compete for the $25,000 grand prize. They will also receive editorial coverage, business mentoring from the Saint Louis Fashion Fund jury panel which includes Gary Wassner, designer Lisa Perry along with many other notables such as Fern Mallis and Stan Herman.
The winner will receive:
- $25,000 award to pursue his/her fashion design business plan
- Financial support, guidance and exposure from the St. Louis Fashion Fund to produce one look with 100% of the proceeds going to the St. Louis Fashion Fund
- A designer collaboration with an accessories brand negotiated by the Saint Louis Fashion Fund
- A pop-up shop/trunk show in a private home or retailer in Saint Louis
- A one-year long mentorship with industry professionals from the Saint Louis Fashion Fund jury panel
Jurors include Gary Wassner, Co- CEO of Hildun Corporation and Chairman of Interluxe Holdings in NY, NY-based fashion designer Lisa Perry and others to be announced.
Applicants must be at least 21 and a United States resident and have produced two women's or men's ready-to-wear commercially available collections.
If selected as a finalist, designers are required to submit their upcoming spring 2016 collection, participate in a design challenge and have a Skype interview with the team.
Deadline and Key Dates
The deadline to apply Thursday, July 1, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. On Friday, July 10, six finalists will be announced. Additional materials due from semi finalists are due on Thursday, October 1 and finalists presents on Wednesday, November 4. Finalists will also receive a travel per diem.
Learn more and apply at the Saint Louis Fashion Fund Caleres Emerging Designer Award.
Emerging Designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.