Open Call: Saks Launches Emerging Designer Showcase in New York
In an effort to discover and promote new talent, Saks Fifth Avenue will host their first-ever Emerging Designer Showcase on Tuesday, April 5 in New York. The store's merchant team will be looking for the new and the next of advanced fashion. Designers should submit their digital look book which will be reviewed by their fashion and buying office. Once selections have been made, designers will be invited to present their collection to the merchant team.
The open call is a natural extension of what Saks already does:
"We work tirelessly to scout collections, searching for the best emerging talent in the fashion industry," said Saks Fifth Avenue Chief Merchant, Tracy Margolies. "I'm passionate about launching this platform and excited to extend this opportunity to all of the unbelievably talented designers on the market."
To be considered, designers must meet the following criteria:
- Be women's ready-to-wear focused
- Must bring a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 product samples for review
- Can bring current and past digital look books for review in addition to their samples
- Must have line sheets with wholesale and retail pricing
- Must be able to fulfill orders and have production and shipping capabilities in place
Designers interested in applying to the April 5, 2016 showcase should submit their digital look book for review to FashionOffice@saks.com by March 15, 2016.
Note: We have no affiliation with this open call and cannot answer questions about details.
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.