Sosa Knitwear is Looking for a Design Intern
Sosa Knitwear is a small handmade knitwear and crochet sample making and design studio based in Midtown Manhattan. They help designers create runway pieces and initial samples. They also have their own label. They are looking for an eager intern with positive energy to help with the day-to-day needs of the company.
- Accompany me to meetings with other designers and take notes about upcoming projects
- Assist with design and development process
- Run errands
- Complete small sewing projects
- Assist during photo shoots
- Prepare materials for production
- Must be available to work 2 days a week (14 hours). They are flexible on what days you choose. The studio is open Mondays thru Fridays 10am - 6pm.
- Must be able to commit to at least 3-4 months.
- Must be in school or recently graduated
- Must have basic sewing skills and a knowledge of the garment district
- A basic understanding of knitting is a must
- You don't have to be majoring in fashion design, but that is alway a plus
This is a new company, so being flexible is very important.
- For school credit
- Expenses related to commuting are also paid
- Contact: Samantha@Sosaknitwear.com with the email with subject Design Intern and include a link to your portfolio
Learn more about the company at Sosa Knitwear.
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.