Open Call: Not Just A Label X Made in NY Holiday Pop-Up Shop


Not Just a Label has become synonymous with fostering emerging designers through their digital shop featuring contemporary fashion and other initiatives such as trade shows and short-term retail opportunities that highlight brands from their database of over 20,000 global labels. For the holiday season, they partnered with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), the city's entity that was originally responsible for supporting the CFDA Fashion Incubator, Design Entrepreneurs NYC and NYC Fashion Fellows for the the Not Just A Label | Made in NY Pop-Up Shop that will be open from December 4 - 14.

This showcase of top NYC creative talent is part of the city's Made in NY Fashion initiatives and is your opportunity to be a part of the local community.


NJAL is transcending its digital roots once again, to open NOT JUST A LABEL | MADE IN NY, a dedicated fashion hub for luxury fashion designed and produced in New York City.



 Submission Criteria
  • You must be a NJAL designer to apply. Please click here to join the NJAL platform as a designer.
  •  In order to be considered for selection, fashion brands must meet the following requirements:
    • Business is headquartered or based within the five boroughs of New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx). Proof of address will be required
    • Products proposed for sale must have been manufactured within the five boroughs of New York City
  • NJAL recommends proposing products that can serve as gifts for the holiday season (e.g. bags, shoes, jewelry, accessories, occasion wear). The merchandise can come from any season
  • NJAL will notify applicants of their status by Wednesday, November 18th
  • Once the products have been selected, they must be delivered to the venue (address will be shared shortly) from Saturday, November 28th to Sunday, November 29th
  • Any unsold merchandise must be collected on Monday, December 14th
Pop-Up Shop Details
  • The store will be open to the public from Friday, December 4th through Sunday, December 14th 2015
  • There is no fee for selected brands to participate and NJAL will take a 5% commission from the retail price to cover bank fees, and the remaining 95% will be paid directly to the label within 30 days after the shop has closed
  • A minimum of three different items from each label will be presented on the shop floor at any one time
  • Alternate sizes and additional stock will be kept in the stock room and participating brands may be asked to supply more items depending on the curator’s discretion

The deadline to apply is Thursday, November 12th, 2015.

Learn more and apply at Not Just A Label.

Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at