Open Call: The Abury Design Experience
The Abury Design Experience is giving emerging designers the opportunity to create an accessory capsule collection and a chance to make an impact with their sustainable design competition presented by Harper's Bazaar magazine. Now in its second year, the international contest helps promote traditional crafts from different cultures with the help of fresh talent. Last year, four brands created collections as part of the inaugural competition.
They are looking for graduate students in fashion or accessory design, or recently established fashion/accessories designers who have a passion for crafts, culture, and cutting-edge modern design
- Minimum age: 21 years old
- Maximum 5 years after graduation
- Availability from July to October 2015
- The winner will receive a travel, stay and production budget to develop an ABURY capsule collection in a craft community in Morocco
- An invitation to come to Berlin to meet and greet the ABURY team and attend exclusive workshops and events from the ADEx partners, getting a deep insight of the Berlin Fashion and Startup scene.
- A 1-day financial training workshop to learn about how to write a business plan and how to overcome special challenges of the fashion industry
- The winner’s final capsule collection and profile will be covered by Harper’s Bazaar Germany Online.
Learn more and apply by March 20, 2016 at Abury Design Experience.
Emerging designer or have a resource to share? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.